The Darkling Tag is a collection of fun questions for darkly-inclined people that has been circulating around the web since 2015. I know I’m late to the party, but why not give it a go!
#1. What is your favorite candle scent? Anything that’s seasonal for Autumn.
#2. Do you have a favorite book? Yes! It’s One for the Money by Janet Evanovich.
#3. Are you a tea or coffee person? I’d say neither. I don’t drink much coffee or tea.
#4. What is your favorite brand & color of lipstick? I’m currently loving Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Lipstick in the shade Russet River. It’s a very deep red. #5. What is your favorite perfume/cologne? Chloé Eau de Parfum Spray.
#6. Do you have a celebrity crush? Not recently, but I’ve had some in the past.
#7. If you had to give up the color black, what color would you choose instead? As strange as this may sound, I’d choose pink. Pink is actually my favorite color!
#8. If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? I would keep my name the way it is. I like my name. 🙂
#9. What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad?
- 1: Wear light fabrics like cotton and lace.
- 2: Use a parasol to help block the sun.
- 3: A small hand fan goes a long way.
#10. What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? I always listen to music to lift my spirits, so I couldn’t possibly pick just one!
#11. Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? Yes. I’ve mostly been playing around with my digital art programs lately.
#14. If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be & why? A mermaid! I love to swim and I think their tails are beautiful.
#15. What horror monster-based super power would you have? I guess immortality. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be invincible?
#16. Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths/gothy people? Why or why not? Yes. Our appearance is just self-expression. Other people who also have an alternative style are some of the nicest I’ve met.
#17. Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? Great hair. I think people look beautiful both with and without makeup, but a bad hair day is not good for anyone.
#18. Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? I know what I wish there would be less of (I’m looking at you elitists).
#19. Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness”? Hmm, does tripping in my platform boots count?
#20. How are you at DIY? Pretty good! My sewing skills could use some improvement, but I can crochet really well and I love going to a craft store and seeing what I could create.
#21. Quickly describe your ideal wedding: A small ceremony with just close family and friends and inexpensive decorations/venue. I’d want to donate most of the wedding budget to a charity.
Confessional (aka True or False) Questions
- I love watching cheesy romance films: True. Some of the movies I enjoy the most are the romantic comedies I grew up watching with my mother, Legally Blonde and My Big Fat Greek Wedding for example.
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night: True! My skin would certainly suffer if I didn’t, and it feels icky not to.
- I sleep with plushies: True. I have a wolf one that is great for cuddling. 🙂
- I wear non-black pjs most nights: True. Most of my pjs are hand-me-downs. I prefer to spend my money on garments that’ll be wearing out in public.
- I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago: False. I can’t think of any.
- I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated: False. I like The Sisters of Mercy.
- I don’t like vampires: False. I find vampire lore fascinating and especially love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- I don’t like clubs: 50/50. I’ve never been to one, but I imagine that they’d be fun!
- I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person: False. I’m currently single.
- I don’t enjoy graveyards: False. I appreciate their aesthetic (while being respectful of the deceased of course).
- Blood makes me queasy: 50/50. I have no problem with basic first aid. However, it’s not like I could comfortably sit through a medical video.
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider: True. I wish I wasn’t so afraid of them and I appreciate their role in nature, but spiders give me the heebie-jeebies.
- I don’t like haunted houses: 50/50. I would never go in one by myself, but if it’s with a group of friends I’d go with them. I’d be scared the whole way though.
- I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks: True! I love Hot Topic and even wouldn’t mind working there in the future.
- I’ve never read Dracula: Technically true. I started reading it in high school, but I got bored with it and stopped halfway. Maybe I should give it another try sometime!
- I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long & boring song: False. I listened to that song for the first time a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it.
I pick Septicemia from And She Stumbled Down the Rabid Hole to do this tag next! Thank you for reading. Feel free to take part in this tag yourself as well. Please like, comment, subscribe, and share! Until next time,